2017-02-21

No 240 - Dagaz Cav-1 Type 2

This watch made by Dagaz was impossible for me to resist when I learned about it. One of my favorite watch cases, favorite dial, lots of lume and an incredibly cool engraved caseback. The only detail I didn’t like was the Miyota movement so I knew from the start that this would just be a catch and release. I was lucky to find a used one on Watchuseek that hadn’t already been sold. The first batch had just sold out at Dagaz and the new ones were in the making so it was actually quite hard to get a hold of them for a while when the demand at the time was higher than the availability.

#240 - The Dagaz Cav-1 Type 2.

 Type 2 dial. Ladder hands. Lumed bezel. Yummy!

You can never go wrong with lug holes!

40mm case excl. crown. Bead blasted finish.

"Get to the chopper!"

I had only had MKII’s homage to the old Benrus diver (the Blackwater) prior to the Dagaz and I must say that they held an overall higher quality. The Dagaz was a nice watch but I can’t avoid comparing it with the MKII and then the Blackwater takes the win. The only thing the Dagaz did better was the lume and the nice looking caseback. So, if you’re looking to buy a Benrus homage my suggestion would be not to look any further than the Blackwater from MKII.

The complete kit.

The best feature of the watch.


© All pictures by a Watch Flipper's Diary unless noted.