2017-10-15

The CWC Tactical Diver project

Dear readers,

I’m so excited and honored to announce that the Cabot Watch Company have offered me to do a limited run of dive watches. There is no secret that I truly love CWC so the fact that this project is happening is really a big deal for me. I will give you a more thorough review regarding the design and the all the details  when the watch later will be presented here on the blog but basically what I have done is to compile all my favorite attributes and put them into the one watch I love the most; the CWC RN Quartz Diver. Only 20 watches will be manufactured so this limited edition will be quite unusual.

The CWC Limited Edition Tactical Diver prototype with T-dial. The final product will have a L-dial with Superluminova.

Since I announced this project on Instagram just a few days ago, more than half of the watches have already been booked by CWC fans who were so eager to show their interest even though I officially hadn’t gone out and communicated that I was accepting pre-orders. So if you want one just send me an e-mail or drop me a DM on Instagram. The watches are expected to arrive in January 2018. 

Specifications:

  • My favorite case design from CWC’s classic RN Diver. The classic Monnin case has really become my favorite of all dive watch designs.
  • Destro-version with the crown at 9 O’clock. To ease the back of your wrist from the crown.
  • Bead blasted steel case. For a more tactical feel.
  • PVD details such as the bezel and crown. For an even more tactical feel.
  • My favorite dial design. Legible, classic and clean.
  • Nodate. I know, sometimes I hate not having a date but it gives a much cleaner look.
  • L-dial with lots of C3 Superluminova. Makes most sense on a modern dive watch.
  • Screw down crown and case back. A deal breaker without those two features.
  • 300m water resistance. Suitable for everyday activities such as underwater mine clearance or wreck diving.
  • 60-click bezel. Keeping it old school. I simply prefer the feeling of a 60-click.
  • ETA 955.122 quartz movement with EOL indicator. Reliable and always good to go.
  • Fixed spring bars. The sign of a true tool watch!
  • Mineral crystal. I love the look it gets after a while from being used. It feels alive.
  • Limited to 20pcs. Each individually numbered.
  • Price: To be confirmed (it’s going to be reasonable). 


This project have almost made me lose interest in other watches. This watch will really have all the features that I desire the most. Wearing the prototype just confirms that to me every day. It is just awesome! The specs are pretty much finalized but there might be room for some minor changes. I will be updating this post with any confirmed changes and keep checking back and keep an eye out on Instagram for more pictures and any new announcements. 




© All pictures by a Watch Flipper's Diary unless noted.